The COVID-19 pandemic has forced community rec centers across the U.S. to stay on their toes, and constantly adjust their operating procedures and future plans. During this trying time, it’s important to support and learn from each other. To this end, we’d like to present the third Community Rec COVID-19 Roundtable, in which four leaders in the community recreation industry discuss the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, how organizations can prepare for reopening and how the industry will be affected moving forward.
Topics of discussion include:
- Preparing the reopen.
- Reengaging members and getting them through the door.
- Adjusting cleanliness and social distancing guidelines.
- Getting staff members back up to speed.
- The effects of the pandemic on at-risk populations, such as youth and seniors.
- What the industry will look like for the foreseeable future.
Chris Tointon, president and CEO of the YMCA of Greater Omaha
Jennifer Harrington, assistant executive director at the Mittleman Jewish Community Center
Paul Lurie, chief operating officer at the JCC of Greater Baltimore