Facility of the Month: August 2020
IJ & Jeanné Wagner Jewish Community Center
Salt Lake City, Utah
Enriching the life of the Jewish community and the community at large by offering educational, cultural and recreational opportunities in a place where people of all backgrounds, cultures and beliefs gather in peace and understanding.ual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect Jewish heritage, health-related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
Health, fitness, and aquatics spaces are all following strict guidelines set by our county, and all machines have been moved to allow for 10 feet of separation.
The facility, with a square footage of 53,833, features:
- Full-size basketball court
- Massage services
- Pilates Reformer studios for group and private sessions
- Garage gym space for boot camps and personal training
Our group fitness classes have a view from our outdoor patio, providing 10 feet of separation between participants. We also have group fitness classes on the basketball court with 10 feet of separation between participants.
There is an indoor 25-yard pool (open all year) and an outdoor 25-meter pool with diving boards and a mushroom water feature in the zero-entry beach area (open May through October).
- We recently held our first virtual 5K fundraiser.
- We’re offering private swim lessons with the instructor/coach on deck practicing social distancing.
- Swim clinics have one participant per lane and the coach on the deck.
- We look forward to the day when we can welcome back out of town patients and families receiving treatment at the nearby hospitals.
- We have a 20-week cycle training program with pro cyclist coach Jeff Louder beginning this fall.