On-Demand: Community Voices Roundtable – New Year, New Insights
In the first Community Voices Roundtable installment of 2023, three leaders from the community recreation industry dive into a new year with takeaways from 2022, what’s changing in 2023 and advice on membership, staffing, programming, and much more.
The panel includes:
- Audrey Edwards, health, fitness and wellness director at the Boston JCC
- Santiago Prada, senior executive of membership and wellness at the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas
- Efrain Gonzales, executive director at the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
Included in this conversation:
- Recapping lessons learned and victories from 2022.
- How New Year promotions are going, including promotions offered.
- Membership models for 2023: What’s changing, price increases and what’s included in an inclusive model.
- The state of staffing and tips for hiring: Referral incentives, aquatics and full-time versus part-time struggles.
- Creating a collaborative culture among departments, and among members.
- What trends over the last few years will continue including pickleball, virtual and age-specific programming.
- Fitness equipment usage changes and the demand for data and tracking.
- Teen programming: Should you offer specific programs or not.
Prefer an audio-only option? Check out the Community Rec Magazine Podcast and listen to this episode, along with additional insights from industry professionals. Available on Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud and Spotify.