Requests from survey feedback indicated many organizations are considering offering 24/7 facility access at some of their locations, if they’re not already. To learn more about the process and lessons learned, we gathered three industry professionals who have experience with 24/7 access to share their insights.
- Kevin Murphy, Member Experience Director, Lake Anna YMCA
- Joslyn Jamrog, Membership & Marketing Director, Dow Bay Area Family YMCA
- Charlie Myers, CEO and Executive Director, Grant County Family YMCA
During the conversation, we cover the topics of membership structures, policies, safety and risk management, marketing and more.
Here are some of the biggest takeaways:
- An overall consensus of wishing they had started offering 24/7 facility access sooner.
- When it comes to facility alterations, plenty of cameras are key.
- Most initial push-back came from member concerns of facility upkeep and quality, but after a couple of weeks, everyone was happy.
- Giving free memberships to police and firefighters help with safety concerns and has been a big hit.
- Most members will tell on other members/non-members if they are abusing 24/7 access membership.
- Kevin Murphy shared the How to Enroll video his team uses to market and share about 24/7 access at the Lake Anna YMCA.
Leave a Reply