The COVID-19 pandemic has forced community rec centers across the U.S. to adjust their services and evaluate their financial stability. During this trying time, it’s important to support and learn from each other. To this end, we’d like to present the second Community Rec COVID-19 Roundtable, in which four leaders in the community recreation industry discuss how to navigate this unprecedented situation and prepare for the eventual reopening of facilities across the country.
Topics of discussion include:
- The financial impact of facility closures.
- How organizations are still keeping staff engaged in their work.
- How organizations are keeping members involved during stay at home orders.
- What organizations can do to prepare for getting members through the door after reopening.
- John Mikos, president and CEO of the YMCA of Greater Kansas City
- Scott Henderson, director of parks and recreation at the Provo Recreation Center
- Kevin Mitchell, director of parks and recreation at the REC of Grapevine
- Beth Segal, chief program officer at the Katz JCC
Navigating the Pandemic Part 2