Facility of the Month: January 2020
Veteran’s Park Community Center Cabot Parks and Recreation
To acquire, develop and maintain an exemplary recreational facility and programs that effectively contribute to the quality of life of all citizens.
The Veteran’s Park Community Center in Cabot is a full fitness and recreation center, and boasts a number of amenities, including but not limited to:
- Recently renovated fitness center
- Fitness classrooms
- Racquetball court
- Childcare room
- Multi-purpose basketball courts
- Heated indoor leisure and lap swimming pool
- Therapy pool
- Indoor walking track
- Community tornado safe room
- Event center
We have over 90 fitness (land and aqua) classes per week that serve our community members of varying fitness levels. We are also part of the Silver Sneakers and Silver and Fit programs, and we have a quarterly membership potluck.
- Cabot has a population of only 28,000, but we serve close to 90,000 people in a 15-mile radius.
- We have a joint use agreement with our local public schools.